Nepal Today

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

EXTENSIVE FIRE DAMAGE IN MORANG Kathmandu, 26 March: Fire that engulfed a house and a grocery shop on Monday evening destroyed property worth rupees one million, RSS reports from Morang.. The fire gutted the house and shop of Baburam Tabdar of Tankisinwari VDC-1 Morang on Monday evening, confirmed the Morang Police. Electric short circuit is the cause behind the fire outbreak. It was brought under control with the efforts of local people and police personnel. RSS adds from Bardibas: Goods and property worth two hundred thousand rupees was destroyed by fire that broke out at a settlement in Manara VDC near the Nepal-India border in Mahottari district. Cattle and some people have also been injured in the incident that occurred in the wee hour this morning. The fire reportedly started from the cowshed of Harish Chandra Mishra at Manara-2. The fire gutted the cowshed and injured Santosh Mishra, 34, and a pair of oxen, according to police. Mishra junior who saw smoke coming out of the cowshed rushed to the site of the fire to douse it. He was injured in course of extinguishing the fire. It is said the rest of the cattle tethered managed to escape by snapping the rope as soon as the fire broke out. The fire is suspected to have started from a small fire burnt to repel mosquitoes. Locals and police brought the fire under control after two hours of relentless efforts. nnnn


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home