Nepal Today

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

POLICE INTERROGATE PARAS ON OKHAA 0BRAKING NEWS)

By Bhola B Rana

Kathmandu, 14 Dec.: Former Crown Prince Paras Shah is being interrogated by Kaski district police at Fulbari Hotel in the resort town Pokhara right now at three in the afternoon.
Chitwan district police has issued an arrest warrant against Shah.
Preparations are being made to fly Paras to Chitwan by helicopter.
A complaint was lodged against the then crown prince for allegedly firing round of bullet by pistol in the air and threatening to kill Rubel Chaudhary, the son-in-law of Foreign Minister Sujata Koirala at Tiger Tops in Chitwan Saturday.
Paras said in a statement Monday morning he, his family and Nepal were insulted by the Bangaladelhi national.
RPP-Nepal supporters have assembled at the hotel where Paras is being interrogated.
Paras admitting firing one round bullet in the air in a fit of rage; this was confirmed by Chaudhary.
Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal Tuesday bravely revealed he
instructed the home ministry to initiate immediate action against the former crown prince.
The move has come at a time when his government is shaky and will receive support of NC and Maoists.
NC Monday demanded action against Shah and Maoist Spokesman BInanath Sharma dared the government to initiate action Shah who is a civilian.
Sharma said this even as armed Maoists roam around freely nation-wide, ignoring the threat to the general public by Maoists moving around with arms.
Nepal promised action against Shah even as the supreme court has overturned Nepal government’s decision to pardon a party activist jailed and convicted for murder.
The government hasn’t taken action against ministers and lawmakers from Madesh who attacked and insulted senior government officials publicly to save his shaky government.
Not to alienate main opposition Maoists, government hasn’t initiated action Maoist lawmaker and activists who abused a foreign diplomat for the first time in Nepal by hurling shoes at Indian Ambassador Rakesh Sood in Solu during dasain.
Former Prime Minister Girija Prasad Koirala, the grandfather of Chaudhary, was himself convicted for hijacking a RNCA Twin Otter in 1973 even as hijacking is considered an international crime.
Nepal’s UMLrose to power by hacking heads of people mercilessly in Jhapa.
Party leaders are Nepal’s new kings as they get away even with murder and international crimes..
nnnn

Paras was a very friendly guy initially, until he consumed some alcohol
RUBEL CHAUDHARY
Kathmandu, 14 Dec.: My wife, my son and I myself are still in shock at what happened. And we believe that it will not happen again in Nepal. The things that happened are not right. I don´t know Mr Paras at all. I never met him before in my life. I met him only that day for the first time. Certain things he has done, I assure you everyone is aware of it, Rubin Chaudhary told Republica.

Please do not just believe what I am saying to you. Please go and find out for yourselves. The law will take its own course.

The incident is a matter for discussion in a national manner. I am a mere civilian who wanted to go and have fun with my family, with my friends at Tiger Tops for two days. But I am overwhelmed by the amount of friends I have in this country and the amount of support I got from you. Thank you very much. I also thank Mr Paras´ personal security guards who helped me, my family and my friends escape from Tiger Tops in the right way. Thanks be to god and thanks to our other friends and family who helped us.

There was not really any matter for discussion. Mr Paras was a very friendly guy initially, until he consumed some alcohol. May be it was hard for him to control himself. I had done nothing against him. I have respect for every person and society and every organization of this country and every country around the world. The incident began, I feel, due to the consumption of alcohol and he has threatened to kill especially myself, my friends, my wife and my little son who is only three and half years old. And that scared me and my family.

I don´t have any words I want to use to defame him. There is no question that I don´t like Nepalis or Nepal.

Initially he was very nice, he was very friendly, we were sitting and talking in a very pleasant manner. Then after a few drinks, he said you guys are the main reason for demolishing our monarchy. He said you took away our society. And then he pointed the gun at my forehead and said you better believe in monarchy, on my life I am otherwise going to finish you and your whole family tonight. At that point when you have a gun to your forehead, I was actually shaking like anyone would. But he didn´t fire at me, he didn´t hit me. He threw a bottle at my face but that bottle didn´t hit me. So please don´t get me wrong that he fired at me. He fired in the air.

The whole reason is that he wanted me to go look for a tiger in the jungle at 12 o´clock. I declined to go with him in the jungle to find tigers at midnight. And so he repeatedly threatened me and my two friends who were with me and he said if you don´t come with me tonight I will kill your wife and son.
I don´t have anything against him. He is a human being. I hope he becomes well and thinks in a proper manner.

He opened fire only once. As a civilian, if I pull out a gun and fire it, what would you do? What would the government do? What would the law do?
Paras wished to join my dinner table. I accepted it. I was introduced to him by friends at that moment. He was talking about himself and the country.

I don´t know politics at all. He starts speaking about Nepal. He was saying, "Don´t you think that Girija Babu made a mistake in getting rid of monarchy?" And I said this is purely a political question. I said I have no understanding about this.

As told to Guna Raj Luitel
nnnn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

http://www2.clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://www.ranabhola.blogspot.com